"Box" Areas are geographical pre-determined areas based on the location (typically by mileage) of the nearest fire station or the station with best access (sometimes determined by town road setups or travel times). Our box areas are currently setup as follows:
- Box Area 1 - 10th St - 40th St
- Box Area 2 - Inlet - 10th St
- Box Area 3 - 40th St - 94th St
- Box Area 4 - 94th St - Delaware Line
- Box Area 5 - West OC North of and including Ocean Gateway to Holly Grove Rd.
- Box Area 6 - West OC South of Ocean Gateway to Snug Harbor Rd.
For an interactive box area map - click here
Dual Response Areas
Dual Response Areas - Automatic Aid (Structure Fires & Alarms in a Structure)
|Berlin Fire Department|
|Community of South Point - South Point Rd. from Stephen Decatur to Dead End (to include all cross streets)|
County Box Alarm System - Mutual Aid
The Ocean City Fire Department actively participates in the Worcester County Box Alarm System when being summoned to mutual aid responses within Worcester County. The Fire Department also participates in the Sussex County Fire and Ambulance Callboard Box Alarm System when summoned to mutual aid responses within Sussex County, Delaware.