Photo Gallery

Restaurant Fire - 12911 Sunset Avenue

Friday, October 30, 2015






The Ocean City Volunteer Fire Company responded to a 

commercial building fire located at 12911 Sunset Avenue in West Ocean City. Firefighters were dispatched to a fire at Sunset Grill at 10:15 PM for a reported building fire.






Sunset Grill employees became aware of a fire when smoke began accumulating the kitchen. Moments after seeing the smoke, a fire sprinkler head activated in a combustible space between the first floor ceiling and second floor deck. The fire sprinkler contained the fire from spreading. Firefighters remained on the scene for approximately two hours extinguishing the fire and checking for extension.







The cause of the fire is listed as accidental and was started from malfunctioning gas water heater in a second floor mechanical room which burned through the floor below it.


Sunset Grille Fire
Views: 1511
Sunset Grille Fire
Views: 856
Sunset Grille Fire
Views: 801
Sunset Grille Fire
Views: 727
Sunset Grille Fire
Views: 710
Sunset Grille Fire
Views: 571

Photo of the Day

Online Radio

Live Online Radio from Ocean City Emergency Operations